Several researchers from the SALBIS Group participate in the second EURECA-PRO Conference at the University of León
From 19 to 21 October 2022, the University of León hosted the second “EURECA-PRO Conference on Responsible Consumption and Production“, an event to share experience, scientific results and the latest developments to achieve the European Union’s (EU) Sustainable Development Goal 12 (SDG 12).
This international conference has been organised by the Universidad de León within the EURECA-PRO strategic programme involving universities from eight EU countries: Montanuniversität Leoben (Austria), Universidad de León (Spain), Universitatea din Petroșani (Romania), Πολυτεχνείο Κρήτης / Technical University of Crete (Greece), Politechnika Śląska (Poland), Hochschule Mittweida (Germany), Universiteit Hasselt (Belgium), TU Bergakademie Freiberg (Germany), Université de Lorraine (France).
In addition to two plenary sessions, the event included panel discussions with experts on three topics from the perspective of the SDG12: environment and energy, circular economy and smart and healthy societies. This last panel, on smart and healthy cities, was moderated by our colleague José Alberto Benítez Andrades, who also participated as Program Committee Chair managing the communications that will be published in the proceedings within the Springer publishing house, indexed in SJR and also as local organiser of the event.
In addition, five oral sessions were organised: smart and healthy societies, recycling, reuse and more durable products, clean air, fresh water, healthy soil and biodiversity, cleaner energy, cutting-edge clean technology innovation and industry 4.0. The smart and healthy societies session was moderated by our colleague Pilar Marqués Sánchez, who also participated as Program Committee Chair and in the local organisation of the congress.
In terms of contributions, several papers were submitted within the SALBIS group, which will be published in the proceedings and were presented as oral communications and posters:
- Text classification of users claiming to have ASD using traditional machine learning techniques. SALBIS Authors: Sergio Rubio-Martín, Natalia Arias-Ramos y José Alberto Benítez-Andrades.
- AppPopuli: Web application for real-time damage report in poplar plantations using citizen science. SALBIS Authors: José Alberto Benítez-Andrades.
- Automation of the assessment and diagnosis process in rehabilitation: a proposal to reduce costs and optimize the health care system. SALBIS Authors: Raquel Leirós-Rodríguez, Natalica Calvo-Ayuso, Pilar Marqués-Sánchez y José Alberto Benítez-Andrades.
- Rooftop Solar Photovoltaic systems for building of Industrial. SALBIS Authors: José Alberto Benítez-Andrades.
- Health, habits and responsible and sustainable consumption. SALBIS Authors: Natalia Calvo-Ayuso, María Cristina Martínez-Fernández, Rubén García-Fernández, Arrate Pinto-Carral y Pilar Marqués-Sánchez.