I3 Award 2018 Best Doctoral Thesis in Computer Science
Last Friday, May 25th, 2018 was held at the National Institute of Cybersecurity (INCIBE) the XI Night of Computer Engineering 2018 of Castilla y León, organized by the Professional College of Computer Engineers of Castilla y León (CPIICYL)). This event brought together professionals, companies and institutions related to the computer sector.
The program of the event consisted of:
19:30 – Reception and Welcome
- Presentation of the event by Mr. Jaime Díez Zurro, Dean of the Professional College of Computer Engineers in Castilla y León.
- Opening of the XI Night of Engineering of Castilla y León. Mr. Antonio Silván Rodríguez. Mayor of León
- Conference: “Cybersecurity as an employment opportunity”. Tatiana Gutiérrez Marqués. INCIBE.
- Act of delivery of the i3 2018 Awards, which recognizes the effort and work of those people, institutions and companies closely related to Computer Engineering in the field of the Community of Castilla y León
- Closing of the gala. Mr. Vicente Matellán Olivera, General Director of the Foundation Center for Supercomputing of Castilla y León
Cocktail, it will be the meeting point and networking area that will allow to share knowledge and experiences.
Presents the gala of the XI Night of Computer Engineering: El Mago – Flehk.
The awards were divided into three categories:
- Most relevant company in computer science, award obtained by the company INDRA.
- Best doctoral thesis in computer science, award obtained by José Alberto Benítez Andrades (researcher of the SALBIS Group) for his thesis Semantic Technologies applied to the Social Networks Analysis in the field of health.
- Computer Engineer of the year, an award granted to Jesús Fernando Rodríguez Aragón, Director of MEGA in Spain and Associate Professor at the University of Salamanca.
At the disposal of anyone is the Photo Gallery of the event in full clicking here .