Introductory Course in Social Network Analysis (ARS) and UCINET, February 2019
Last week, on Tuesday 12 February 2019 and Wednesday 13 February 2019, an Introductory Course on Social Network Analysis (SNA) and UCINET was given as a training action within the Teacher Training Programme of the University of León.
- Knowing what social networks are and what a Social Network Analysis is.
- Knowing the different types of existing social networks.
- Learning how to apply SNA to research.
- Knowing different SNA tools and learn how to use UCINET in a practical way.
The contents imparted were:
- Introduction to Social Network Analysis (what it is) and justification for its application.
- Explanation of the different types of existing social networks.
- Show how SNA can be applied to research, showing real case studies.
- Introduction to different existing tools for carrying out ARS.
- Realization of practical cases with the UCINET tool: matrices, binarization of data, analysis, compatibility with EXCEL, data graphing, etc.
At the end of this month, a more advanced course in Social Network Analysis will be given in Ponferrada. The course is entitled “ADVANCED COURSE ON SOCIAL NETWORK ANALYSIS: STRUCTURAL EQUIVALENCE” and it is possible to sign up from here.